Are you a solution-oriented and motivated IT Administrator or Computer Scientist? Do you enjoy driving innovation, facing challenges, and setting up new tools, software, and processes? This position offers you this and more exciting work in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
esqLABS is an innovative, internationally acting Contract Research Organization and a global leader in the development and application of the OSP Suite (www.open-systems-pharmacology.org). We are a research-focused provider of specialized computational analyses in the life sciences industry. In close collaboration with industry and academia, we are committed to software development to fulfill our own and our clients' needs and the needs of the open-source community.
To help us grow, we are looking for an experienced, goal-oriented, and autonomous IT expert to strengthen our multi-disciplinary team and set up and manage a robust and efficient IT environment. Do you want to fully realize your potential? We offer you an environment with diverse tasks, new challenges, and opportunities to grow and hone your profile.
Responsibility to maintain and improve our IT infrastructure and support colleagues in setting up their equipment and software environment while improving processes and structures.
- Administrate MS-based systems: Office 365, Azure AD and InTunes, Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive
- Setting up and maintaining Windows Server machines with remote desktop access
- Monitor systems performances and troubleshoot issues, both proactively and reactively (monitoring, analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshoot hardware, software, and operating systems; install upgrades; design and run load/stress testing)
- Ensure IT security and compliance for our workplaces: manage, monitor, and control system access policies, data storage and processing; establish and test disaster recovery policies and procedures; complete back-ups; and maintain documentation; ensure data protection and privacy
- Design, optimize, and standardize our workplace setup: plan and execute the selection, install and configure, test software and operating systems, and define operational policies and procedures
- Provide technical support and training to end-users (colleagues)
- Manage user accounts, licenses, access rights, and permissions for various systems and applications
- Document and maintain system configurations, procedures, and user guides for future reference
- Ensure that new business processes blend into current logic and that future processes are designed to reflect our business requirements
- Analyze & document current processes, and provide support in daily business operations. Elaborate and implement new processes while ensuring they are aligned with our quality management system and business requirements
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices, and recommend technology upgrades and improvements as needed
Skills & qualifications
- Proficiency in system administration tasks such as installing, configuring, and maintaining hardware and software systems
- Experience in multiple OS platforms with a sound knowledge of Windows 10/11, Windows Server, and Office 365
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to explain technical issues to non-technical users and the ability to work in a team
- General coding skills and the urge to automate as much as possible (PowerShell, Bash, Python)
- Agile mindset, critical thinking, and strong analytical and problem-solving skills, willingness to embrace change and new technologies
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Self-dependent work attitude
- Work well handling tight deadlines
- Fluency in English (oral and written), German is a strong plus
Education and Experience
- Completed studies or training in the field of computer science, IT, business informatics, or a comparable qualification
- Prior experience in a similar role
- Experience with Windows Server administration
Further qualities that will put you in the spotlight
- Experience in cloud technologies such as AWS, …
- Experience with front-end development, SQL, or equivalent database tools
- Experience working in a research environment that relies extensively on Open Source solutions
- Experience in programming with R, C++, C#
- Experience with Linux-based systems
What's in store for you
The dynamic team behind esqLABS includes people with different backgrounds, spanning disciplines like pharmaceutical sciences, physics, bioinformatics, mathematics, data science, and software engineering. Our trust in each other, our open-mindedness, and our constant quest for excellence and innovation unite us. We value flat hierarchies, where everyone can contribute ideas and expertise to develop the best product. We are passionate, always willing to broaden our horizons, and love our start-up culture.
You will also benefit from:
- Flexible work hours and a home office policy that focuses on people and not on numbers
- Permanent employment contract and attractive remuneration
- Individual further training opportunities for your career
- A working environment in which your contribution will make a difference and that allows you to take ownership of projects and processes
- Responsibility, autonomy, participation, and career perspective
We collaborate with global corporations in the pharma and chemical industry, as well as start-ups in the life science technology sector and academic and non-profit research institutions. We define new standards in pharmacometrics and systems pharmacology and toxicology areas. Our software and computational model platforms help scientists understand the mechanisms of diseases and chemical toxicity to optimize the individualized treatment of patients and protect the health of animal and human life.
esqLABS has attracted international players as sponsors for the OSP Software development. In addition, funding through national and EU-wide research grants allows us to develop our core technologies continuously.
For more information about our culture, values, and benefits, visit our Unique career opportunities - esqLABS GmbH.
At esqLABS, we are committed to diverse backgrounds and experiences.